2015年4月18日 星期六

A great start - Class H&J

Dear all

    I have started my 2 classes (H&J) last Friday. Here's my feelings on teaching that I would like to share with you.

   Before starting the lessons, I did the the reading practice once and tried to anticipate the difficulties that students might encounter. I used the question-answering skills that Mr. Wong taught us and marked down some personal ideas.

  In order to let my students familiarize with each other, both of my classes started with a 10 mins warm-up greeting session. Firstly, I introduced myself and wrote my name on the white board. Then I asked their name and wrote them on the white board as well. After that, I randomly assigned a name to a student and told him/her to use at least one word out of 5W+1H (Who, What, When, Why, Where, How) to make a question with the name. For example, if the name assigned is "Mary", the student could ask "Mary, how are you? Who is your favourite idol?" Of course, Mary had to answer the question. Students found the session quite interesting and it raised their motivation to the lesson more or less.

   After the warm-up activity, I began to teach the practice. Since I have done the practice earlier, so I understand that it would be important to identify the type of questions. I taught them the question-answering skills by identifying the questions into 4 types- Right there, Think and search, Author and you, On my own. Besides, I gave them some tips about how to read the passage and answer the questions efficiently. For instance, reading the questions first instead of the passage.

   In general, my lessons went well and all my students performed quite active. So to speak, it was a great start and I hope all of you had a great start too.

Carol

沒有留言:

張貼留言